Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 3

The plugs have definitely rooted now. I can tug on them at full strength and they do not budge. The runners are continuing to spread and grow. With all the watering, small weeds are starting to be an issue, but I am finding that spending an hour a week pulling weeds keeps them at bay. I don't want to try any weed killer because I don't want to damage the plugs or runners, but with my small yard, my approach seems manageable.

The instructions on caring for the grass say you should start mowing once the plugs are established. I don't feel ready to mow yet, but I have started trimming the plugs with clippers.

Definite progress is being made, but is still not showing up in the high level photo:


This close-up shows the progress of the runners which are continuing to spread and become more grass-like:



No comments:

Post a Comment